The Shire of Mugmort presents:
Mugmort Melees XVI
May 12 – 14, 2023
Site opens at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 12, and closes at noon on Sunday, May 14
- Armored Combat melees all day, some with combat archery and siege
- Combat Archery and Siege Authorizations
- Target Archery
- Thrown Weapons
- Equestrian Authorization and Activities
- Middle Marches Archery and Thrown Weapons Baronial Championships
Infirmary Mound Park
4351 Lancaster Road
Granville, Ohio 43023
- Adult Registration: $15
- Adult membership discount Registration: $10
- Children Registration (10-17): $5
- Children under 10: Free
- Feast $12
- Lunch $7
- Camping: $10 per tent/trailer
Cash and checks will be accepted at the gate. There is no pre-registration.
- Friday 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
NOTE FOR CAMPERS: Mugmort Melees is held at an outdoor, primitive site. There is non-drinkable water available at faucets by the horse arenas and pit toilets. There are no other amenities such as electricity, showers, etc. Keep this in mind when planning your setup.
There is an existing fire pit and firewood will be provided. No other open fires will be allowed by the park. Closed grills are permitted.
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.
THE SCA PROHIBITS HARASSMENT AND BULLYING OF ALL INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS.
Participants engaging in this behavior are subject to appropriate sanctions.
If you are subjected to harassment, bullying or retaliation, or if you become aware of anyone being harassed or bullied, contact a seneschal, President of the SCA, or your Kingdom’s Board Ombudsman.
Walking taco, drink, dessert – gluten free; vegetarian options available
- Nacho Cheese Doritos, Fritos, or Tostitos Rounds
- Taco Beef or seasoned beans
- Shredded cheddar or possibly cotija cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced onions
First Course / On table
- Pickled Beets
- Dill Butter
- Sourdough Bread
- Cheese (Fontana, Cheddar, and Butterkasse)
- Bacon Wrapped Apricot Pork Tenderloin
- Root Vegetable Pie
- Roasted Chicken Quarters
- Heaven and Earth
- Apple Crisp with Egil’s Damn Caramel Sauce
- 5 p.m. — Baronial Court (at Their Excellencies’ discretion)
- 9 a.m. — List opens
- 10 a.m. — Authorizations
- 10 a.m. — Unbelts practice
- 11 a.m. — Field battles
- 12 p.m. — Ladder & Frame class with Count Alric of the Mists
- 1 p.m. — Time Bridge Battles (with opportunity for CA and Siege authorizations)
- 2:30 p.m. — Gate Battles
- 3:30 p.m. — After action meeting
- 3:30 p.m. — Pickups and Small melee practice
- 4:30 p.m. — List closes
- 9 a.m. — Inspections and warm ups
- 9:30 a.m. — Authorizations
- 10:30 a.m. — Warlord Tourney
- 12 p.m. — Lunch
- 1 p.m. — Zombies
- 4 p.m. — List closes
Pick ups, challenges, other bits of swordy fun can be worked in throughout the day as interest is demonstrated.
- 9 a.m. — Range opens
- 12 p.m. — Novelty shoot
- 1 p.m. — Baronial Championship Tournament
- 2 p.m. — Stuffed animal shoot
- 4 p.m. — Range closes
- 10 a.m. — Range opens
- 12 p.m. — Populace Tournament
- 2 p.m. — Baronial Championship Tournament
- ??? — Open throwing after tournament
- 3:30 p.m. — Range Close
- Marshal on site at 6pm for any equestrians arriving Friday evening
- 9:30 a.m. — Riders Meeting
- 10 a.m. — Rider Authorizations/ Rider Warm Up
- 11 a.m. — Kope’s Team/Group Games
- 1 p.m. — Lunch
- 2 p.m. — Rhia’s Challenge Games
- 4:30 p.m. — List closes
- After court — Riders’ Choice
- 9 a.m. — Kope – intro to jousting & Rhia – challenge games
- 11 a.m. — List Closes
- Noon — Site Closes
Class Track: “From Sheep to (Drop) Spindle — Wool Preparation”
- Teachers: Mistress Fiadnata ó Gleann Àlainn & Mistress Gillian de Chyviot
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM — “Raw Wool to Clean Fleece” — This class will cover skirting the fleece, and washing the wool.
- 2:00 – 3:30 PM — “Organizing Your Fibers” — This class will cover using a wide variety of hand cards, hand combs, and a drum carder.
- 3:30 PM – until Baronial Court — “Drop Spinning” — This class will be aimed at the beginning spinner, and will take you from how to hold a drop spindle to drop-spinning with ease. (And you will go home with drop spindles and wool, so that you can continue to practice.) You’ll also get to try out your spun thread as weft for weaving.
- Midnight’s Art — jewelry, dream catcher’s, wind chimes, and more
- Earth and Loom Studios — handmade pottery, bound traveler’s journals, and small wooden fiber tools
- Bowskin Archery – hand made bows and arrows
- Event Stewart: THLord Diccon de Reinport
[email protected] 614-530-9338
- Armored Combat MiC: Lord Paulus Dyrrachiou
- Rapier MiCs: Lord Torquil MacAlpin & Duke Talymar gan y Lluwynn
- Archery MiC: Lord Morgan of Cardiff
- Equestrian MiC: Lady Rhiannon filia Catell
- Thrown Weapons MiC: Lord Ulf son of Rolf son of Helga
- Gate Steward: Dame Anna of the Western Hill
- Feast Group: House Red Winged Lion
- Lunch Steward: THLady Aasa Sorensdottir